VIKSAT, since its inception, has been dedicated to land and water management. With a strong emphasis on sustainable development, VIKSAT strives to address the challenges associated with land and water resources. The organization's core focus lies in implementing programs and interventions aimed at restoring, conserving, and managing land and water resources. By adopting an integrated approach, VIKSAT seeks to strike a balance between the utilization of these resources and their preservation for future generations. The organization tackles critical issues such as assessment of crop water budgeting, groundwater depletion, drought, and declining land and water quality through initiatives like groundwater management, artificial recharge, rainwater harvesting, and adaptive strategies for drought etc.
Our land and water management programme aim to promote sustainable livelihoods, especially in rural areas. The organization's interventions encompass watershed development, land development, improved agricultural practices, changes in cropping patterns, irrigation support, and the adoption of new technologies and knowledge. By actively engaging with stakeholders, partners, and communities, VIKSAT aims to restore and rejuvenate land and water resources to ensure their sustainable natural resource management availability for rural communities.
Major Projects undertaken by VIKSAT are as follows: -
- VIKSAT is implementing Lakhpati Kisan 2.0 in Danta and Khedbrahma Blocks of Banaskantha and Sabarkantha Districts with the support of CInI in 52 villages covering 12000HHs 2023-2026 (ongoing).
- VIKSAT is implementing a project titled 'Transforming Water Security and Agriculture Potential for Small Tribal Farmers in Dry-Arid Districts of Northern Gujarat in Danta, Poshina, and Khedbrahma Blocks of Banaskantha and Sabarkantha Districts project with the support of Hindustan Unilever Foundation (HUF) in 53 villages by covering more than 12000 HHs in the year 2019-23 (ongoing)
- VIKSAT is implementing Improving Quality of Water Resources iin the communities of the Vagra Taluka in Dahej Special Economic Zone (SEZ) project in Dahej Block of Bharuch District with the support of Yokohama India Pvt. Ltd. and United Way Mumbai with 1066 HHs in the year 2022-23 (ongoing)
- VIKSAT is implementing the 'Sustainable Comprehensive Agriculture and Livelihood Enhancement (SCALE) Enhancing the Farmers' Income through Market Linkages and Value Addition activities project in Anjar, Mundra and Bhuj Blocks of Kutch Districts with the support of D.S. Foundation with 1000 HHs in the year 2022-23 (ongoing)
- Implemented 'Enhancing Livelihoods and Education Quality for Rural Transformation (ELEQRT) in Khedbrahma, and Poshina Blocks of Sabarkantha District, Gujarat under the Central India Initiatives with the support of HDFC Bank and CInI in 15 villages covering more than 4000HHs in the year 2019-21.
- Implemented Lakhpati Kisan project in Danta and Khedbrahma Blocks of Banaskantha and Sabarkantha Districts with the support of Axis Bank Foundation and CInI in 28 villages covering more than 6000HHs in the year 2018-21.
- Implemented four Watershed Development projects in Sembaliya, Navamota, Matarwada, and Ratanpur Watershed of Khedbrahma Block, Sabarkantha District with the support of NABARD and IGWDP in 18 villages covering 4192 HHs including 12869 beneficiaries covering the area of 4934 Ha. land.
- Implemented H-tech Nurseries and Demonstrations of Trellis Vegetables to promote the High-Value Agriculture Cluster in program villages of the Cluster Development Plan (CDP) with the support of CInI in 15 villages covering 5000 HHs in the year 2016-17.
- Implemented Vestas Kutch Vikas Karyakram (VKVK) in Bhuj and Mandvi Blocks of Kutch District through community-based action with the support of Vestas in 13 villages covering more than 2930 HHs in the year 2018-2020.
- Implemented Kutch Sustainable Development Project in Abdasa, Nakhatrana, Lakhpat and Mandvi Blocks of Kuch District through community-based action supported by SUZLON Foundation in 26 villages covering more than 9000 HHs in the year 2016-2020.
- Implemented 'Integrated Watershed Plus: Enhancing Livelihood Resilience of Tribal Community in Khedbrahma Block of Sabarkantha District PPhase-II with the support of Navajbai Ratan Tata Trust (NRTT) and CInI in 25 villages covering more than 6953 HHS in the year 2014-18.
- Implemented 'Enhancing Livelihood Resilience of the Tribal Communities through MIS Promotion and Sustainable Natural Resource Management (NRM) in Khedbrahma Block, Sabarkantha District, Gujarat under project 'Micro Irrigation System for Sustainable Agriculture and livelihood (MISSAL) with the support of John Deere Foundation and United Way Mumbai in 18 villages covering 300 HHs in the year 2011-18.
- Implemented Watershed Plus project 'Enhancing Livelihood Resilience of the Tribal Communities in Khedbrahma Block of Sabarkantha District with the support of Sir Ratan Tata Trust by covering 2000 HHs in the year 2009-2013.
- Successfully implemented 'Implementation of the Agriculture Productivity Enhancement Interventions under the Kharif Maize Stabilization Programme in villages of Khedbrahma Block of Sabarkantha District in 21 villages covering 3000 beneficiaries in the year 2011-15.
- Successfully Implemented ' Implementation of the agriculture productivity enhancement interventions under the Kharif Maize Stabilization Programme in villages of Khedbrahma Block of Sabarkantha District with the support of CInI in 21 villages covering 4090 beneficiaries in the year 2012-14.
- Implemented 'Drought Proofing Programme (DPP) in the Bhuj Block of Kutch District with the support of Kutch Nav Nirman Abhiyan in 14 villages during the year 2008-2010.