VIKSAT is renowned for its exceptional expertise in conducting comprehensive need assessments for a wide range of projects. Our team consists of highly skilled professionals who excel in implementing projects at the field level. With their dynamic approach, they effectively analyze the requirements and intricacies associated with each project. We understand that successful project implementation begins with a thorough understanding of its specific needs. Our team diligently evaluates social, economic, and environmental factors to provide valuable insights for optimal project planning and execution. By leveraging our expertise, we assist our partners in achieving their project goals while ensuring sustainable development. With VIKSAT, you can trust that your projects will be guided by experienced professionals who are dedicated to making a positive impact.
VIKSAT has conducted a range of need assessments, some of which are listed below:
• VIKSAT has done a Reporting of Baseline Survey and Training Needs Assessment (5 villages each from Bhiloda block, Aravalli district and Vijaynagar block Sabarkantha district) (2019-20)
• VIKSAT has done a Community Need Assessment of Bavla and Kheda Talukas, Ahmedabad, and Kheda, Gujarat for WIN Foundation (July 2019).
• VIKSAT has done a Community Need Assessment of Bavla and Kheda Talukas, Ahmedabad and Kheda, Gujarat for WIN Foundation (July 2019).
• VIKSAT conducted Community Need Assessment of Vagra Taluka, Dahej, Gujarat for United way of Mumbai (April 2018).
• VIKSAT conducted “DEMONSTRATING SUSTAINABLE MULTI-STAKEHOLDER AND LANDSCAPE ECOLOGY BASED APPROACH TO CONSERVATION BEYOND PROTECTED AREAS - Conservation of harriers around the Velavadar Black Buck National Park” – Baseline Survey in 5 villages (September 2017)
• VIKSAT conducted ‘Community Needs Assessment for CSR interventions’ in the villages near Petronet LNG Limited in Luvara, lakhigam and Dahej, Taluka: Vagra, Dist: Bharuch, Gujarat (2014)
• VIKSAT conducted Community Needs Assessment and CSR Planning for Adani Power, Hazira, Surat- (July 2011)
• VIKSAT conducted a Community Needs Assessment and Impact Assessment of existing CSR activities at Adani Foundation,Mundra, Gujarat (October 2010)
• VIKSAT has conducted ‘Community Needs Assessment’ and CSR Planning for Adani Power, Tiroda, Ta. Gondia, Maharashtra- (2009 - 2010)
MONITORING AND EVALUATION STUDIES
VIKSAT has been a trusted leader in conducting monitoring and evaluation studies in its thematic thrust areas. Our team of highly skilled professionals is equipped with the knowledge and experience to conduct comprehensive assessments for various organizations.
At VIKSAT, we recognize the significance of monitoring and evaluation in driving organizational success. We are dedicated to helping our partners enhance their program effectiveness and make informed decisions based on concrete evidence. Whether it's a government agency, non-profit organization, or private sector entity, we offer tailored solutions to meet the unique needs and goals of each client.
Our approach to monitoring and evaluation is rooted in designing robust frameworks that capture essential indicators and measure outcomes. We employ a range of methodologies, from quantitative data analysis to qualitative research techniques, to ensure a holistic assessment of programs and initiatives. By systematically evaluating performance and identifying areas for improvement, we empower organizations to maximize their impact and achieve sustainable development outcomes.
With our team's expertise and commitment to quality, we deliver actionable insights and recommendations that drive positive change. We understand the importance of collaboration and work closely with our partners throughout the evaluation process to ensure their objectives are met. Together, we can navigate the complexities of monitoring and evaluation, enabling your organization to thrive in an increasingly competitive landscape.Partner with VIKSAT to unlock the power of monitoring and evaluation for your organization. Together, we can strengthen accountability, enhance program performance, and contribute to the achievement of sustainable development outcomes. Explore our services and discover how we can support your organization's journey towards greater impact and success.
VIKSAT has conducted a range of impact assessments studies, some of which are listed below:
• VIKSAT has done a Reporting of Impact Evaluation MISSAL and MARCH project (February 2021)
• VIKSAT conducted Umbrella Programme for Natural Resource Management (UPNRM), UPNRM-II Financing Agricultural Sustainability and Allied Livelihood (FASAL) Evaluation and Impact Analysis (2017)
• VIKSAT conducted “Rejuvenate Ground Water through Watershed Approach: A Case Study of Sembaliya, Gujarat, India”, Workshop volume on “Water conservation and related issues” CGWB, Ahmedabad (2017).
• VIKSAT conducted ‘consultancy of Field Survey of Evaluation studies of National Safai Karmcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC) scheme in Gujarat and Concurrent Socio-Economic Evaluation of Agricultural Diversification Project 2013-14 in Gujarat for NABCONs, Gujarat (2015-16).
• Enhancing Ground Water Recharge and Management: A Micro-Level Watershed Approach”, workshop volume on” Ground Water conservation and Management” CGWB, Ahmedabad (2014).
• VIKSAT prepared ‘Impact Assessment Report for Enhancing Livelihood Resilience of Tribal Community in Khedbramha Block of Sabarkantha district (June 2013).
• “Enhancing Ground Water Recharge and Management through Watershed Development Programme”, workshop volume on Ground Water Resource Management with Emphasis on Artificial Recharge and Rainwater Harvesting” CGWB, Ahmedabad (2012).
• VIKSAT did the study of existing value addition processes and national scenario of market linkage for selected Non-Timber Forest Produces in western India -(2011)
• VIKSAT has extended its expertise service to Risk Management Solutions (RMS), USA in Catastrophe Risk Management Assessment of Gujarat (2009-10).
• VIKSAT conducted ‘Atta fortification in Surendranagar District, Gujarat, A pilot project of World Food Programme, An Evaluation Report’ -(February 2008)
Development planning and Assessment
Backward Region Grant Fund (BRGF) is a scheme launched by the Government of India (GoI) to support 250 most backward districts of the country with an untied grant to fill up the critical gaps uncovered under other fund resources with the aim to address backwardness of the district.
The planning process under BRGF calls for ‘bottom to top’ planning. The planning units are local government bodies, namely Gram Panchayats i.e. Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) and Municipalities i.e. Urban Local Bodies (ULBs). The final district plan is prepared by the district planning committee combining the plans received from RLBs and ULBs.
VIKSAT provided technical guidance to 4 districts of Gujarat for preparation of the district development perspective plan and annual action plan through a participatory approach the elected members and officials of the RLBs and ULBs and compiled the final perspective plan (2009-12) and annual action plans for F.Y. 2009-10 and 2010-11. The district-wise details are given below.
Major District Perspective Plans conducted by VIKSAT are as under:
• VIKSAT has developed National Food for Work Programme for Sabarkantha district in Gujarat. (2005-06). This District Perspective Plan was prepared under Ministry of Rural Development with the objective to give employment poor to undertake unskilled jobs and maintain food security.
• VIKSAT prepared a District Development Perspective Plan for the period 2009-12, as well as the District Action Plans for the years 2009-10 and 2010-11 covering 1244 villages, 783 Rural Local Bodies (RLBs), 6 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Line Department from 12 blocks within the district under the guidance of District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) of Banaskantha District. The plans underwent approval from both the District Planning Committee and a state-level High Power Committee.
• VIKSAT prepared a District Development Perspective Plan for the period 2009-12, as well as the District Action Plans for the year 2010-11 covering 1374 villages, 719 Rural Local Bodies (RLBs) and 8 Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and Line Department from all 13 blocks of the district under the guidance of District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) of Sabarkantha District. The plans underwent approval from both the District Planning Committee and a state-level High Power Committee.
• VIKSAT edited the District Development Perspective Plan 2009-12 and Annual Action Plan 2009-10 as prepared by DRDA, Dang. The plan covered all 311 villages, 70 RLBs of Ahwa block. The plan underwent approval from both the District Planning Committee and a state-level High Power Committee.
• VIKSAT prepared the District Development Perspective Plan 2009-2012 and Annual Action plan for the year 2010-2011 covering villages, blocks and district under the guidance of District Rural Development Agency (DRDA) of Narmada District. The plans underwent approval from both the District Planning Committee and a state-level High Power Committee.
• VIKSAT has prepared the ‘MGNREGA and Backward Region Grant Fund perspective plan of Narmada District in Gujarat- (2010-11).